511 10th Street NW between E and F Streets
Washington DC, DC
Ford's Theatre is a historic theatre in Washington, D.C., used for various stage performances beginning in the 1860s. It is also the site of the assassination of U.S. President Abraham Lincoln (By actor John Wilkes Booth) on April 14, 1865. After being shot, the fatally wounded president was carried across the street to the Petersen House, where he died the next morning.
Machine 2 is located in the box office. It has just been repaired and it does not press well.
Machine 3 is in the gift shop of the new Center for Education and Leadership adjoined to the Petersen House. It works better than Machine 2.
Machine 2: All Pennies are imprinted with "Ford's Theater, where Lincoln's Legacy Lives" on the back of each Design. :
1) A Lincoln signature and "One Country, One Destiny".
2) The Ford Theater Building.
3) The Presidential Box where Lincoln was Shot.
4) A Bust of Lincoln.
Machine 3: The backs of all the Pennies are the same as in Machine 1.
1) "The Road to the White House" with a picture of the back of the Train Car that carried President Lincoln to the White House with the President greeting well - wishers.
2) A Presidential Seal. The Top Banner reads "Abraham Lincoln", and the Bottom Banner reads 16th President.
3) Has an image of the White House, and above it reads "Abraham Lincoln", and below the image, it reads "The White House 1861 - 1865".
4) The image appears to be a clean shaven portrait of Lincoln. Above the image, the Banner reads "One Country One Destiny".
Retired 1: It is sold out!! Pre Pressed Pennies:
1) The Image is of Lincoln in front of the US Flag. It says Lincoln Bicentennial 1809 - 2009. An Imprint is on the back as well.
7/13/15: Machine 2 is located in the box office. It has just been repaired and it does not press well. Machine 3 is in the gift shop of the new Center for Education and Leadership adjoined to the Petersen House. It works better than Machine 2.