511 10th Street NW between E and F Streets
Washington DC, DC
There are two machines (51 cents) here, one in the lobby of the Ford Theater near the box office and the other across the street in the gift shop of the new Center for Education and Leadership adjoined to the Petersen House. You can get to both machines without a ticket.
Machine 2: All Pennies are imprinted with "Ford's Theater, where Lincoln's Legacy Lives" on the back of each Design. :
1) A Lincoln signature and "One Country, One Destiny".
2) The Ford Theater Building.
3) The Presidential Box where Lincoln was Shot.
4) A Bust of Lincoln.
8/3/14 the front image rolls fine, the back rolls short consistently (D in Ford missing)
Machine 3: The backs of all the Pennies are the same as in Machine 1.
1) "The Road to the White House" with a picture of the back of the Train Car that carried President Lincoln to the White House with the President greeting well - wishers.
2) A Presidential Seal. The Top Banner reads "Abraham Lincoln", and the Bottom Banner reads 16th President.
3) Has an image of the White House, and above it reads "Abraham Lincoln", and below the image, it reads "The White House 1861 - 1865".
4) The image appears to be a clean shaven portrait of Lincoln. Above the image, the Banner reads "One Country One Destiny".
RETIRED: It is sold out!! Pre Pressed Pennies:
1) The Image is of Lincoln in front of the US Flag. It says Lincoln Bicentennial 1809 - 2009. An Imprint is on the back as well.
There is another machine across the street (Company Name unknown!!!) (It has green shutters on the building)
8/3/14 machine working great