511 10th Street NW between E and F Streets
Washington DC, DC
There are two machines here, one in the lobby of the theater near the box office and the other across the street in the gift shop of the new Center for Education and leadership adjoined to the Petersen House. Get the pennies for machine 1 before going down to the museum, you can not go back to the lobby. You can enter the gift shop of the CEL without taking the tour of the Petersen House or the the new exhibit, and Machine 2 is located just inside the door.
Machine 2: All Pennies are imprinted with "Ford's Theater, where Lincoln's Legacy Lives" on the back of each Design. :
1) A Lincoln signature and "One Country, One Destiny".
2) The Ford Theater Building.
3) The Presidential Box where Lincoln was Shot.
4) A Bust of Lincoln.
Machine 3: 51c each. The backs of all the Pennies are the same as in Machine 1.
1) "The Road to the White House" with a picture of the back of the Train Car that carried President Lincoln to the White House with the President greeting well - wishers.
2) A Presidential Seal. The Top Banner reads "Abraham Lincoln", and the Bottom Banner reads 16th President.
3) Has an image of the White House, and above it reads "Abraham Lincoln", and below the image, it reads "The White House 1861 - 1865".
4) The image appears to be a clean shaven portrait of Lincoln. Above the image, the Banner reads "One Country One Destiny".
RETIRED: It is sold out!! Pre Pressed Pennies:
1) The Image is of Lincoln in front of the US Flag. It says Lincoln Bicentennial 1809 - 2009. An Imprint is on the back as well.
5/29/13 - While it is true you cannot go backwards once you start the tour of Ford's Theatre, you can still reach the machine because it is at the gift shop entrance. You just need to exit the theatre and re-enter through the main entrance to the gift shop and box office. You can reach both the Ford's Theatre machine and the Petersen House/Center for Education & Leadership without having to take the tour. The tour is free of charge, though. jnm